Breaking News

Many die in sokoto attack – Governor Tambuwal


The death toll in recent attacks in Sokoto state has risen to 39, Gov. Aminu Tambuwal said Thursday.

Mr Tambuwal said more bodies had been recovered after 32 were buried.

The attacks occurred in Rabah Local Government Area of the state, the latest in a string of deadly attacks across northern states.

A senator, Adamu Aliero, on Thursday blamed the attack on “bandits”.

Many die in sokoto attack – Governor Tambuwal

Mr Tambuwal, received condolence from  five governors who visited Sokoto, he said it is he first time such mass killing was happening in the state.

“Currently, there are three Internally Displaced Persons camps comprising more than 10,000 people in the affected areas,” he said.

According to him, security personnel have been mobilised for constant patrol of the areas.

Zamfara state’s Gov. Abdulaziz Yari, who as chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum led the condolence visit, said leaders will cooperate to check killings and destruction of properties around the country.

He described the incident as worrisome, noting that Sokoto State enjoyed relative peace in spite of the fact that it shares boundary with some areas experiencing problems in Zamfara.

No comments